GloBee headed off to TEDX Cape Town 2018 this past November for a day of talking, listening and most importantly – listening.
In a mini ‘blockchain for beginners’ talk, we tackled the evolution of money and how the blockchain is our modern day Robin Hood taking power from the overly powerful and giving back to those who need it.
What did we talk about?
- Bartering – the humble beginnings of trading
- The banking system and introduction of centralisation
- The problems caused by the banking system (privacy loss, inflation and exclusivity)
- How the blockchain works
- How cryptocurrency is solving the issues of privacy loss, inflation and exclusivity
- Areas in society that the blockchain will disrupt (Voting, identity theft and healthcare)
Listen to the full talk here!